I saved images from the old Africam... before it went belly up the first time... from Orpen, Sabi Sands (or might have been Sabi Sabi), Bakubung, Satara, Kwa and a variety of the Djuma cams (mobile, Vuyatela, the original very first cam at the Djuma 'crib', and Gowrie Pan)
There are lions, leopards, cheetahs, ellies, rhinos, waterbuck, civets, genets, hyenas (with cubs), nyala, kudu, hippos, buffalo, zebra, impala, wildebeest (including THE one, THE only, THE original Waldo at Satara), warthogs, giraffe, baboon, duiker, scrub hare, kingfisher and tree squirrels.
Including a couple of here from the old Kwa PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) cam... I sure wish they'd get it back.. sigh... and Satara, the mobile cam, and Bakubung
If you want any others, I would be glad to oblige and send them. The only thing I worry about is who to credit... At the time I saved these pics... in 1999... all the cams were on the old Africam website... I don't know if the current Africam can still claim the rights to them... but you would probably be safe in crediting them to "The old (original) Africam... and Djuma http://www.djuma.com/

Lady Kudu at Kwa

From Kwa Zebra



From the Mobile cam
Hyena and pup
Hyena and pup

Kwa Ellie

Rhino at night at Kwa

Hippos at Bakubung

Ellie at Satara
If you would like any more... just give me a holler... lol... How I long for the old days when you could go to one site and see so many cams... did you know at the old Africam they had a shark cam (very short lived due to the technical difficulties that kept cropping up).. a whale cam (down at the Cape in SA).. they also had a cam from South America.. I think it was marmosets at a rescue place... there were cams everywhere.. and let's not forget they had streaming video (as well as 30 second still refresh) at two... or was it three places.. in Etosha.. just super. I had better stop here... lol...
Cheers, Finny

Rhino at night at Kwa
Kwa Leopard

Hippos at Bakubung

Ellie at Satara
If you would like any more... just give me a holler... lol... How I long for the old days when you could go to one site and see so many cams... did you know at the old Africam they had a shark cam (very short lived due to the technical difficulties that kept cropping up).. a whale cam (down at the Cape in SA).. they also had a cam from South America.. I think it was marmosets at a rescue place... there were cams everywhere.. and let's not forget they had streaming video (as well as 30 second still refresh) at two... or was it three places.. in Etosha.. just super. I had better stop here... lol...
Cheers, Finny
Sure wish I was around for these. For those of you that were around in 1999, this is a stroll down memory lane. For us newbies, a glimpse of what we missed in the past. Thanks so much Finny for passing these along.
Until later HAPPY VIEWING !!



No comments:
Post a Comment