Friday, September 08, 2006

**** ALL KINDS OF NEWS ****

I hardly know where to start. Let's see. The birth of a new Panda at Atlanta. Yes there was new panda born at the Atlanta Zoo. They were hoping for twins but it appears that this was a sinlge birth only. If it had been twins the second cub would of been born within 24 hours. Even better is the zoo has a cam on them!! The new link has been added to the list. Viewing is M- F from 8am until 5pm Atlanta time. (for those of you not in the states, it's in Georgia).

I have found out also that Steve Irwin's family have turned down the offer for a state funeral. Reason is Steve did not consider himself a 'hero' but just an 'ordinary guy' and wouldn't want that. Services will be private and are planned for sometime in the next week. Also in the works will be a public, full service memorial. Details will be announced at a later date.

The deer cam at www.watchanimals.com has made some changes. The clayfield cam is now in the left bottom corner. Only the deep woods cam is listed below. So we get to see more at the same time! Be sure to read the 'weekly news' for all the latest at that site. So THANKS David for the revamp.

(Drum roll please)
And now the moment we've all been waiting for. Ladies and gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure, PETE'S POND IS UP AND RUNNING!!!!!!!! THE MESSAGE ON THE SITE STILL SAYS IT'S A VIDEO BUT I'VE LOGGED ON AND OFF A COUPLE OF TIMES AND ONLY THE FIRST TIME DID I SEE WHAT MAY HAVE BEEN IMPALAS. ALL OTHER TIMES THERE'S BEEN NOTHING THERE. Usually the video will restart at the begining each time. So all my fingers and toes (and those of many other I know) are crossed. Let's hope this is it!

I had some pics but in light of the breaking news at Pete's Pond, I'm going to save them for a later date. As I know right now you'll all want to check on Pete's pond. Got some good ones earlier today and do want to share them with you.

So until then HAPPY VIEWING !!

No comments: