Friday, September 05, 2008

REMEMBER THAT PHOTO OF DAVEKAY'S I ASKED YOU TO VOTE ON A WHILE BACK?? WELL .................................



EARLY ON THE MORNING OF AUG. 18, 2008 HE GOT WORD THAT HIS PHOTO, ALONG WITH 49 OTHERS, HAD BEEN CHOSEN ! HERE IS WHAT HE SENT FOR ALL OF YOU ~



First of all, I want to thank everyone who cast a vote and rated my photo. It would not have happened without all of you!

As a matter of fact, I have dealt with this group before, when they went by the website name of photo.com. Actually, I have been published two other times with this group. The first time was with a photo of Doobie, called "Shadowcat". The shot was taken with my previously- owned camera, the Konica-Minolta DiMage Z1. This was the same type of camera that Finny in the UK had. When she went to the Panasonic Lumix, I followed suit.The rest is photographic history! LOL The other photo I had published was called "Dinner for One", and featured a lone chickadee perched on a feeder right outside our patio door.This shot was taken with ROLL FILM (remember that stuff?), using my trusty Canon Maxuum Pro 7. The color and resolution leave a lot to be desired, mainly because I was at the mercy of my own exposure decision, and the processing lab! Thank the Lord for digital!

I have attached both photos for your examination!

Again, thank you all for your kind consideration!




Shadow Cat








Dinner For One








glitter graphics






His photo was in tribute to the Waterfowl that were lost at Wilkins Lake this summer. And will be publish, yes I said published, in Photographers Laureates "Best of 2008 Photography" Special Edition anthology



I apoligize for taking soooo long to get this posted but wanted to find just the right graphics. Not everyday "one of our own" is so honored. So hardy Congrats to you DaveKay, you deserve it !

No comments: