Monday, February 19, 2007

NKORHO STORY CHAPTER 5

Another warm Spring day comes to Nkorho. The Impala come to visit.







Hey, what are you guys lookin' at?





EWW! Man does it smell! I wouldn't get to close if I were you.



Everyone tries to stay in the shade. But all bunched up like that, it gets a bit warm.



The 'Big Guy' decides that it's time to move on.


As the herd makes it way into the bush, Bruce begs to have one more chance at guard duty.




The 'Big Guy' isn't so sure Bruce is ready yet. Why just the other day he had the herd in a panic over nothing.







Bruce really wants to prove himself and pleads with him.






Honest 'Big Guy' I've been watching you very closely and I promise not to be so jumpy, like that JR was.





Well, I guess we could try it, one more time. But Bruce, you'd better be sure before you sound the alarm this time.





Let me give you a few pointers ~ Stand tall at all times, listen well and most of all, sniff the air. You'll smell danger before you can see it.





Now then, do you think you can do it? I'm a bit tired from standing so still and I've got a bit of a kink in my neck. I'm going to relax a bit. I'm counting on you Bruce, don't let me down.






Bruce stands guard while the 'Big Guy' get a well earned rest. Of course he keeps an eye on Bruce, can't have a repeat of the last time.






Well, that Bruce seems to doing a fine job. Just as long as he stays calm and sharp eyed, he'll make a fine guard yet.





Better catch up with them. Bruce isn't experienced enough yet to be left alone to long.







And with one last look around...






the 'Big Guy' moves off too.
.
Images courtesy of www.africam.com (Nkorho stream)/ www.wavelit.com (Africam)
.
Until the next time HAPPY VIEWING !!

No comments: