Tuesday, March 27, 2007

SAD NEWS

For those of you who haven't heard yet, there has been a devastating fire at Pilanesburg National Park where the KWA cam is located. Thank you mamasafari for posting the info at Indaba. From what I'm reading everyone was unaware of the fire until then. She also reports to hearing that 20 Elephants have been injured and one was put down. There is an ongoing air search for other injured animals.
.
Elaine has also posted a link at Indaba to a news story on the fire. In short it states that while officials are stating 50 % of the park was burned, sources are saying it was 75%. Such a loss. You can read the article at ~
.
www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=14&art_id=vn20070326012456896C349539
.
I'll will try to find out more on the fire and post what I find. I know we are all worried about the animals and how this will impact their lives. I want to thank Mamasafari and Elaine again for passing the info along.
.
I have some photos to post but will leave that for later, as I'd like to keep this post at the top for a bit. Until later then HAPPY VIEWING !!

No comments: