Thursday, March 22, 2007

SOMETHING WE HAVEN'T SEEN IN A WHILE


I have been watching this stork nest for a couple of years now and I have never seen one of the storks actually sitting there. I don't read German, so I have no idea what the notice below the picture is saying. Maybe you know someone who does? This may just be a tired bird who decided to lie down for a change. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know. BTW this is the Ansbach stork nest. ~ Katie Girl
.
.
sigh.....After watching that bird for about 30 minutes, I took the picture and wrote you. When I went back, she was standing part-way up and there appeared to be NO egg in the nest. I guess storks lie down to sleep and I've just never seen one do that. I'll still keep an eye out in case a family is in the making. ~ Katie Girl
.
Image courtesy of www.bn-ansbach.de/strochcam/stroch.htm and Katie Girl
.
Let us know ASAP when the first egg appears. If I remember correctly this nest did have 3 chicks last year. Thanks for keeping an eye out.
.
Until later HAPPY VIEWING !!

No comments: