Saturday, April 14, 2007

LET ME EXPLAIN

Here's what happened. Katie Girl sent in 2 sets of photos, 1 to addy A and 1 to addy B. Guess I didn't look closely enough and posted from the email at addy B before addy A. So when I said 'she sent this one after the others' it was supposed to be after this bunch not before. But beacuse when I post it always puts the newest post at the top, it will read in the right order. So there you have it. Now I know if I hadn't said anything the olny ones to know would be Katie Girl and I but that's not me. It's been a bit crazy here. I have an older large (85 lbs) dog that's been having a lot of problems with her hips. Well I was giving her Bufferin, which helped out for about 1 year. The vet wanted to put her on a med designed just for this problem in dogs, OK. Well I couldn't give it to her until the Bufferin was out of her system. Long week for that. Had to give her a morphine type drug for pain. Poor baby couldn't get up at all. So I brought her her food and water, got some training pads to put under her, bathed her after going potty and all that kind of thing. Finally it was time for the new med. Well within 48 hours she let us help her up (put a towel under her belly) and help her outside. I think she was very happy about being able to do her business outside. After all potty in the house was a no-no. Well Fri morning I get up, get my coffee and whatnot and get ready to do a little cam surfin'. I left the room and when I came back, she was standing! She also managed to get as far as the door. Of course I used the towel trick to help her down the stairs but after that it was like she was on a mission. Off to the grass she went. She's a bit slow about it, took about an hour to get her out and back in, but we are up to going outside twice a day and she goes to her food and water on her own a couple times a day. Big big improvement. I considered having her put down but I sure am glad I gave these meds a chance. She's not the dog she used to be but I wouldn't trade her for any other. As long as she isn't in pain, she'll always have a place with me.
.
Ok now on to Katie Girl's photos. She titled all of them and I don't know that I could caption them any better.





Growing Boy





Eating dinner
.
Images of courtesy of www.wildlife.tv/en and Katie Girl



Going for a walk




Didn't get far
.
Images courtesy of http://www.elyminnesota.com/ and Katie Girl




Is that a shell?






Several hatchlings
.
Images courtesy of http://www.theowlcam.com/ and Katie Girl.
.
.
Well I'd like to thank everyone for their patience. I know I'm posting helter-skelter but when the 'ole girl' gets the energy to get moving, we go!
.
Until later HAPPY VIEWING !!

No comments: