Saturday, August 11, 2007

I GOT ON A DRIVE ! ! !

When I joined the PM drive it was already in progress. Came across 3 White Rhino.




Lots of info on the Rhino was given.



How the horns are made of very tough hairs,


the near sightedness,


how they lay down during the day to rest and are active at night.


Got a bit nervous about the landie so they came closer to check it out.


Red Crested Korhan

Bateleur Eagle (love the color of the beak)


Small water hole (more like a big puddle)


Not much action on the drive so they switched over to the cam at the dam and look who was there. Then it was back to the Drive and just as we got to the Hyena den they switched back again.


Look she brought one friend with her.




She strolled over to the top of this hill and then settled in. Wouldn't of known she was there if I hadn't seen her settle in.





Hard to see her but she sure did see this Buff





The chase was on ! I know it's hard to see but it happened very fast and the cam was trying to keep up.




No luck this time.




Trying to get dinner is a thirsty business





Back on the Drive I caught an interesting view.



After driving around for a long time,




came across a Hippo. From what they said the hippo did have an injury, possibly from a fight with a dominant male.

Drove around for a bit more but no other sightings.

.

Images courtesy of http://www.entertainmentafrica.com/ (Drive and Dam cam)

.

It was so very exciting. I can't tell ya Roy how happy I am you sent that thingy (whatever it is) but I do know it works. Was on the drive for over 2 hours and loved every min. Sure hope everyone gets the chance to get on one. If you want Roy's magic trick for getting on, email me and I'll send it off to you. it's a wonderful thing ! LOL

.

Well that's it for now HAPPY VIEWING !!

No comments: