Well whadda ya know I made both drives for the 22nd there ! The AM drive was already in progress....
Saw lots of pretty scenery

Then happened upon this

lone female. Rex said that she must be an older one simply because the landie didn't phase her at all

she even was falling asleep !

Above the den there is a nest. A Red-Headed Weaver I believe Rex said.

Then it was off again to see if we could find anything else. Notice the addition of the white feather on the dash. Not sure where that came from.

Morning Glory. Rex explained all about how it's open in the mornings and closes up later in the day. Said it was 'a happy flower in the morning'.
Ended the drive with a shot of a Nyala Bull at the water hole.
When I got on for the PM drive, it too was already in progress. And Rex had found a small group of Ellies

Had a couple of small ones with them

Move along there Junior

Mom kept an eye on the landie.

A switch over the the waterhole at Gowrie Dam found a few Boonies.

Small Boonie using a cable for the spot light as a swing.
back on the landie and this Steenbok stopped for a very brief moment.

Then back to the Hyena den we went. Mom and 3 pups.

Checkin' things out

Mom was a bit cam shy and decided to move to the other side.

Landie wouldn't start so poor Rex had to try and push it back and forth. He sure does work hard.

Landie wouldn't start and so while waiting for someone to show up and give it a push it was back to the dam and Boonies.

After getting the landie going we caught a pup back on this side of the den.

Quick jump back to Gowrie while the landie switched over to the night cam. Had word that Rex knew the locate of a Leopard and was slowly making his way closer.

That's when the batteries ran low, figures doesn't it. So here's Rex telling us they'll be giving the batteries a proper charge. They did switch back to the dam and said that it wasn't known at that time if the Sun morning drive would be canceled or not. I think I'll forget trying to get on, that way when Roy goes they'll see lots of stuff and he'll share it with us.
.
Did check in at Nkorho. We had Buffs on the left and Rhinos on the right. Did a little photo magic and presto, the whole picture..
Images courtesy of http://www.africam.com/ (Nkorho stream)/ http://www.wavelit.com/ (Africam)
Image courtesy of http://www.wildcam.com/ (Osprey cam)

Shore cam caught this. Now this is real up close and personal

Sneaking under a trunk to check out the cam

Being moved along.

Another up close with a peek-a-boo ellie

Stirin' things up

Getting down isn't the easiest thing...

but it sure is worth it !

And back up is no fun either.

You oughta try the mud here. Wonderful, just wonderful.

I'll be the judge of that.

easin' in

and back out. Guess this mud wasn't up to par ! LOL

All I saw of this jackal was this. :(

But the dawn brought a very sharp looking Goose,
a Hamerkop
sunrise on roosting Doves,
and one more peek at the Hamerkop.
Impala impression of a Raffie.

Everyone's doing it !

Here come the Fleas !

They just keep on coming

and coming. Since I couldn't get a shot of the whole pond I did a bit more magic and came up with this. Still down't show all of them LOL
Now that's a lotta Fleas.
After the Sat night drive I headed back to Pete's and a lone Ellie was there.
Along with an Eland and some Impala







No comments:
Post a Comment