Hello!Have some shots from Pete's Pond that I'd like to pass along to you! Some of a blackback jackal,



Pointer pose

one of the genet from the other night,
group shot of the ostriches, (reminds me of those dancing girls The Follies I think. Can't remember)

a sunset,

and some of an eland that appears to have a damaged horn - can't really tell from the pics. (can see in this one that the horn closest looks like the tip is broke off)

(If I remember right there was an Eland last year that had one horn that grew sideways)


I'm hard at it, editing some ellie shots from Pete's Pond that I've managed to accumulate over the days. I had a happy trigger finger when it came to capturing some shots. There was so much going on, that I didn't want to miss a good shot, s-o-o-o-o, I just kept shooting! Now I'm payin' the price! LOL You know as well as I that it's all worth it! (sure do)
.
Images courtesy of NGM (Pete's Pond) and DaveKay
.
Quick word - Mom and the fawns are doing fine! I think they're coming in at night or very early in the morning any more. They do make an appearance every now and then at around 6 P.M. to get a quick snack, thank goodness!
The kids are getting closer to Mom's size now, so it's getting hard to distinguish them! Another thing is growing - their appetite! That's O.K. - the restaurant is staying open!
The kids are getting closer to Mom's size now, so it's getting hard to distinguish them! Another thing is growing - their appetite! That's O.K. - the restaurant is staying open!
Gotta run - time to edit some more ellies! LOL
Take care.
.
DaveKay
.
Thanks DaveKay for all your hard work. I know what you mean about not wanting to miss a good snap. It's like you want to record the entire time on video and go back later and take out all the parts with no activity. Now that would be a really good vid !
.
HAPPY VIEWING !!


No comments:
Post a Comment