Monday, November 05, 2007

BUGS AND A COUPLE HOURS OF WATCHING

Don't think these Ellies want to stick around to long with all these bugs. I sure wouldn't

Word over a the Cafe is that these are called 'Psyllids'

Remind me of a snow storm
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
OK the rest of these I'm doing on a timeline type of thing. They are from a couple of different cams and kinda mixed up so I'll do credits for all at the end. It all started on my Sunday morning and times are my times.

5:30 am


5:58



6:07


6:08

6:09


6:10

6:11


6:11


6:12


6:13

6:16



6:17

6:18


6:19


6:20


6:26


6:34

7:10



7:35


7:35

7:50


8:01


8:05


8:06



8:57

8:59


8:59
.
Images courtesy of NGM (Pete's Pond)/ http://www.sanparks.org/ (Orpen and Satara cams)/ http://www.africam.com/ (Nkorho stream)
.
There are bunches more shots taken in between these but that was way to many to post. So you have just a sample of how busy it got for a bit. Had to keep switching back to maybe catch the Heron going for lunch at Pete's (no luck there) and/or an Ellie in the act of spraying a trunk full of water (my own personal impossible dream LOL). It's a wonder I kept all the names and times straight as I was saving. But it was well worth the effort.
.
HAPPY VIEWING !!
.
PS ~ Please be patient with any cams that are down in Africa. Seems that they've had some big storms go through and power losses. Everyone concerned is working to get these cams back up. And remember they are doing us a favor by providing us with the chance (at no cost) to see things we otherwise would not have the chance to see. Matter of fact that goes for all the cams we watch, from the Eagles in the Spring to Pete's in the Fall. Each and everyone of them is a glimpse into the world of Nature we would otherwise not experience. (OK I'm done being the 'Mom' reminding all to be grateful, sorry)
.
Haven't checked yet today who's down and who's back online but plan to right after I get this post done.

No comments: