Monday, March 24, 2008

BIRDS, PANDA NEWS AND EAGLES

A lone Wahlberg's eagle






The Clean-up Crew






Various bee-eaters (This one reminds me of a mini robin)









A fork-tailed Drongo





One of my favorites - the Go-away Bird (Lourie)






(this one looks like my Cockatiels without the cheek patches LOL)
Images courtesy of http://www.wildearth.tv/ (Drive cam) and DaveKay



PANDA NEWS ~
They finally put Tian Tian and Mei Xiang together at the Nat'l Zoo, as she was in estrus, which only lasts for 48 hours. I have some shots of their meeting, but they're all X-rated! (LOL) I wish them luck - who knows, by the time we go back to the Zoo for another visit, there might be another addition to their family! (let's hope so) ~ DaveKay
.
.

Another feeding session at Blackwater


























Images courtesy of http://www.wildcam.com/ (Eagle cam) and DaveKay
My they are getting big. And thanks for passing along the news on the National Zoo Pandas. Will keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that things went as planned LOL.
HAPPY VIEWING !!

No comments: