Thursday, April 03, 2008

AND NOW FOR THE REST OF THE DRIVE

Started off with a Ringednecked Dove warming itself in the Sun


And a Kudu out for breakfast.


Who are YOU?



Hey MOM, wait for me ! !


Pieter then hears the sound he's been waiting for ...



ELLIES !



They are a bit shy at first but ...





as you can imagine Pieter is beside himself. Rest assured he will get us into position to see them




He gets ahead of them and we wait, here they come !


They became so comfortable with us this little one, around 3 months, stole the show!





Coming closer for a better look see





Working on Mock Charge moves LOL



Showing us just how close they got and just a little hoping the Ellie would reach out and sniff him




Well the Landie got a good sniff anyway



See how BIG I am?




I'm even BIGGER now





Is that the way? Did I do good?





More practice!? I'm going to give my best this time



Ready ...










(even got up on the hind legs for a quick second)









So, were you scared? Huh, were ya?




Did good, didn't I?






But all that 'chargin' leaves this baby a bit tuckered out



Sun rings at the WH


Images courtesy of http://www.wildearth.tv/ (Drive cam)

.

.
Slideshow Images courtesy of http://www.wildearth.tv/ (Drive cam) The images were taken 10 secs apart. It always amazes me how you can actually see the sun moving. And I hope you had your sound on as I added music (thought I'd give it a go). If you have any problems let me know. The music is a first for me and I'm not sure if what I did is going to work. Thanks


Hope these Ellies stay around for a few days. Been close to 5 weeks since one has been here. Pieter described this sighting as one of the best he's very had (this from someone who grew up and has lived there. I'd say he's had many sightings). I, for one will never forget it. First the sunrise then the Ellies. The only thing better would of been actually siting in that Landie.


HAPPY VIEWING !!

No comments: