Sunday, June 01, 2008

BAKERSFIELDS OWLS

Good Morning!

Going through my files, I noticed that I had recorded the brood developments of two particular owl nests, the Great Horned Owl nest at Bakersfield campus at the Univ. of Calif. ( www.cs.csubak.edu ), and the Barn Owl nest in CA, which features Frida and Diego ( www.theowlcam.com ). Today, I'm sending some of my favorite shots from the Bakersfield nest. The family is gone now for this season, as all the chicks fledged successfully. As you will see from the last shot in this series, they straightened up the place before they left! I look forward to their return next season; they were a joy to watch as they developed from tiny balls of fluff into the magnificent image of their mother.

Hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I did collecting them!
~ DaveKay
.
Following images courtesy of www.cs.csubak.edu (Owl cam) and DaveKay
.
HAPPY VIEWING !!

No comments: