Friday, February 29, 2008

ELEPHANT PLAINS

I got these shots off the Ellie Plains WH cam at about 6 A.M. Sunday morning. I don't know if this is one of the Mapogo pride or not, but I do know he was GORGED! He just laid there under that shade tree for the longest time,







(I see you watching me)






















then finally decided to get a drink,














then ramble off to another shade tree in the distance. I lost sight of him after he walked around to the other side of the tree. I thought he had just gone around to the other side of the tree to lay down.



Not too long after that,




a female ellie with two young ones (one very young!), came into view.

































They stopped momentarily not far from the tree where the lion supposedly ended up,

















then they walked across the back of the clearing. If the lion had been there, I'm sure mama ellie would have been a lot more cautious and edgy than she was. Either that, or that lion was too stuffed and lazy to react to the ellies, and that he didn't want to get his butt kicked by Mama! Anyway, the pictures will show all that!

Enjoy! ~ DaveKay
.
Images courtesy of www.africam.com (EP cam) and DaveKay/Ellieboy
.
HAPPY VIEWING !!

No comments: