Monday, February 25, 2008

NEWS FLASH

Imagine my surprise and horror when I turned on my computer this morning. Fully intending to catch up on my email and get some posting done. Maybe catch the PM drive (saw part of the AM Drive on the 25th and have I got a surprise for you). Well a News Story Headline catches my eye and I check it out. Off I go to read what is going on.

The Headline reads ~ South Africa Lifts Ban on Elephant Hunting

Story can be read at ~
www6.comcast.net/news/articles/world/2008/02/25/South.Africa.Elephants/

While I understand the need to somewhat control the number of animals in any given area for the benefit of all (over population leads to less food for all and when overcrowded diseases can spread quickly) there has to be a better way then just letting anyone and everyone take a gun out and start shooting. How sad that with all the advances humans have made in so many areas that we still resort to this kind of thing.

As you can see I felt strongly enough about this issue to write this but I'll get off my 'soapbox' now and get started on what I set out to do today. I think most of you will agree with me here, you come here to see these beautiful animals along with all the others, but whether you do or not is your personal choice as is what I write. That said I'll let you get on to the rest of the blog.

Nature Watcher

No comments: