Monday, May 19, 2008

DRIVE 5/10/08


These are some of the shots I got on the 5/10 P.M. Drive, where Pieter had a blast spending hours with this breeding herd of ellies at Gowrie Pan. In addition to one extremely adorable baby ellie, there was one young bull in particular that was playing up to Pieter with fake "charges", flapping his ears and lifting his head way up. It was hilarious to watch, and I know Pieter was enjoying every minute of it! He had his camera ready the whole time, and I imagine he must have gotten some excellent pictures. That's the one perk that I would love about that job!

Anyway, here they are. Enjoy!









































Images courtesy of http://www.wildearth.tv/ (Drive cam) and DaveKay
.
.
Well DaveKay I agree with you. I'm sure Pieter was in 7th Heaven, as we all know Ellies are his all time Fav. But I have a sneaking suspicion that for Pieter it isn't a job, it's a privilege for him. How lucky he is to be getting paid for doing something he loves so much. If we all had jobs like that, the world would be a much happier place for many people.
.
HAPPY VIEWING !!

No comments: